Adobe Acrobat Pro X)
Choose the Secure drop down Menu • Select Remove Security Page 2 • Choose the File drop down menu and select Save As to save the document in a location where you can upload your eFiling document.
How do you change a secured PDF to unsecured?
How to unlock a PDF to remove password security:
- Open the PDF in Acrobat.
- Use the “Unlock” tool: Choose “Tools” > “Protect” > “Encrypt” > “Remove Security.”
- Remove Security: The options vary depending on the type of password security attached to the document.
How do I unprotect a protected PDF file?
Go to Finder > locate your file and double-click it to open it in Preview. Enter the password to unlock the PDF document. Once your PDF file is unlocked, click on File > Export as PDF > enter the file name and set its destination > hit Save. That’s all, the new PDF file you just saved will no longer require a password.
How do I remove security from a PDF without the password?
In the “Security” tab, select “No Security” in the “Security Method” drop-down menu to remove the password. Then you can save the PDF without password protection.
Why is my PDF secured?
It means the file is protected in some way, there are restrictions on what you can do with it. “If you receive a PDF that is protected by security features, you may need a password to open the document.
How do I change permissions in PDF?
How to add passwords and permissions to PDF files:
- Open a file in Acrobat and choose “Tools” > “Protect.”
- Select whether you want to restrict editing with a password or encrypt the file with a certificate or password.
- Set password or security method as desired.
- Click “OK” and then click “Save.”